Friday, December 22, 2006

Crocheting with Wire


I feel that with all my knitting lately I have been neglecting my crocheting.

I learned how to crochet about 12 years ago and I love to make jewelry. Put them together and what do you get? Crochet with Wire. By just using the chain stitch, beautiful beads, and a little planning, you can make gorgeously unique jewelry. Here is a necklace that I made as bridal jewelry with sterling silver wire, freshwater pearls and swarovski crystals. You could easily make this for bridesmaid jewelry, or for everyday wear, by adding color with glass beads, faceted stones, and dyed pearls.



1 comment:

pat said...

hi
your crochet jewelry is lovely. I think that wedding jewelry is going to be very important in the years to come.

i too have been making wire crochet, for the past 10 years, started out doing freeform wire wrap with cabs and faceted stones. smaller gauge wire allows for sooo much more ideas and beads. current addiction is Swarovski.

i also just started my blog, don't know if i can show it here, but
i'll give it a try yupe might work at that. hope we can keep in touch, some of my patterns (13) are in Lapidary Journal and the Step by Steps mags,both Beads and Wire. so, when they asked me 10 years ago, if i would consider writing a project or them on a bracelet i had made, and posted on aol boards, i never told them it was my almost first project. had to scramble for a while...but it kicked in. had Hungarian grandma's, both sides, what choice did we have, we crocheted.

pat
blog: wire crochet....not your granny's tablecloth

http://imageevent.com/patmcaudel

http://members.aol.com/patmcaudel/2index.html