Thursday, December 21, 2006

Texas Holdem

Every Wednesday there is a free Texas Holdem tournament at Sally O’Brien’s in Union Square. Jeff and I go off and on, more to see our friends than to play poker. Jeff’s friend and best man Herb runs the poker game, Liz is usually there too, and sometimes Patrick and Kim come. There is always a fun group of people there, you couldn’t ask for a better Wednesday night.


This week there were 4 prizes. Usually, only the top 3 players get a prize. Third place wins a drink, second place a $10 gift certificate to the bar, and first place wins a $25 gift certificate to the bar. I have won 3rd place twice but that was the best that I had ever done, Liz on the other hand has won TONS of times. This week there was also a trivia question prize (Herb is also a Trivia Jockey). The question was “What is the average annual snowfall, in inches, at Sugarloaf Mountain in Maine?” I totally won! I guessed it was 146” and it was 150”. The prize for the trivia question was a BOGO free lift ticket at Sugarloaf. I don’t really ski, I haven’t gone since the time I fell off the lift and every time I tried to get up the people on the lift going over me would knock me over. But Jeff and Liz have been talking about going this winter, so I will give them my prize, they can ski and I can sit in the lodge and knit.


To top it all off I won the Poker Tournament. So exciting, I am in the League of Champions now, hehehehehehe.

No comments: