Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Stamp Kissing

I recently took an Amuse Stamp card making class. Spark Craft Studio offers these classes for every holiday, we made the cutest Valentines day cards. I love taking these classes! The instructor Renee is awesome and the designs are unbelievably creative. For some reason I just have a hard time being creative with papercraft stuff so classes like this really inspire me.

Renee taught a new technique called stamp kissing. Its really easy and comes out beautifully. Take a solid stamp, one without a lot of detail, stamp it with pigment ink. Then take a patterned stamp and stamp it into the solid stamp. The patterned stamp removes ink from the solid stamp and you are left with the negative of your pattern on your solid stamp. Then take the kissed solid stamp and stamp onto cardstock.

I got so excited by all the ideas I garnered from stamping class that I just had to share them with my Mom and Grammie. So, I made up three card designs: one with the stamp kissing technique, one using polymer clay fruit that we made after Thanksgiving, and one that had a bunny butt stamp that I had been dying to use.

We had a ball! Here are Mom and Grammie in action!






No comments: