Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Crafting for the Weekend!


"Everybody's working for the weekend." Well not me I was Crafting for the weekend!

We went home to my parents house in Maine this weekend. But before I could go I had to get some crafting done. My mothers co-worker had given me her broken ankle bracelet to fix before the wedding and I had not done it yet. She had lost some of the beads so I had to re-string with a new pattern and it came out beautifully. With Jodi's done I had to make mom's other co-worker "Aunt" Brenda something special. I made her this beautiful semi-lariat necklace with gold chain and a faceted smokey quartz briolette.

Aunt Brenda had been doing some crafting of her own and had made Jeff and I the most beautiful knit socks. She picked out the perfect colors for us, purple variegated for me and an antique blue for Jeff. They are all warm and snuggly. I can't imagine the time she put into them, 8 hours per sock. I am not sure anyone is worth 16 hours for a pair of socks!

No comments: