Thursday, February 22, 2007

Super Bulky Knit Scarf


I just completed my first ever knitting project!

While we were home in Maine we went to Mardens. Mardens is this fantastic surplus and salvage place where you can get the best things for super cheap. Their tagline is, “You should have bought it when you saw it at Mardens”. That is definitely true, Jeff is still upset about the air hokey table we let get away. Anyway, I picked up a bunch of beautiful Lion Brand yarn and needles. Because I only know the knit stitch I needed to make a simple project for myself.


Ingredients for this scarf:

2 hanks of Lion Brand Big Prints in Grand Canyon
Size 35 knitting needles
Size Q crochet hook – for casting off and attaching the fringe


Recipe:

  • Fringe – Cut 14 Strands of yarn, 16 inches long each, before starting scarf
  • Scarf – Cast on 7 stitches.Knit every row until scarf is ~ 2 yards long.Single crochet cast off.
  • Finishing – Attach fringe on both ends of scarf. Take one 16” strand and fold it in half, use crochet hook to draw folded yarn though the scarf. Pull ends of fringe through loop. Pull to tighten

No comments: